Matgalne: A korean buffet experience!


I suddenly craved for  Korean food since I watch “Running Man” (a Korean variety show) and they eat really delicious looking Korean cuisines! And I thought, I need to try some of these. And so I started searching on google about the most affordable korean buffet restaurants in the metro. Of all the blogs, articles, and posts that I have seen, you can always find Matgalne on their list. I actually searched for every restaurants on the said list and looked at their prices. Matgalne was one of the cheapest and most-loved restaurants by the reviewers so we decided to come visit and check the place out.

Matgalne is located on the 2nd floor Millenium Place Building, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City. This is beside the Caltex Gas station. If you are commuting from Rizal area, you can catch a Megamall UV Express van and ask the driver to drop you off at Caltex. If you are coming from EDSA, you can visit one of their branches in Shangrila Plaza.
I’m from ortigas extension area so we just rode the UV Express van and told the driver to drop us off at Caltex. From there, you can see the back side of the Millenium Place Bldg, you just have to walk a few steps to arrive on the resto. Anyway, the restaurant’s main entrance is a glass which is fully covered with the pictures of their meats and prices as you can see below.


We went there at around 5:20pm and their dinner starts at 5:30pm. In my own opinion, their entrance is lacking. They don’t have an “open” or “close” sign so we weren’t even sure if the place was already open that time. We waited for a few minutes. At around 5:30pm, we tried to open the door but glanced at the entrance first before coming in since again, we were not sure if the place was open. So anyways, we went in and a guy approached us and accompanied us to our seat. The guy was nice, he turned on the grill immediately and told us to start getting meat to grill. I apologize for i have not taken any pictures of the buffet. I just got really excited and was hungry to even think about delaying my samgyeopsal. So i’m really sorry guys. I plan to come back here and take pictures of every dish that they serve. 




So anyway, their buffet is laid out nicely. They have plenty of side dishes to choose from. They have salads, japchae, and other korean dishes! They also have noodles and soups! Their meat, however, is the main highlight of this buffet. They have around 16-18 different kinds of meat to choose from. They have spicy flavored-meats, too. And of course, they have plenty of lettuce and side dishes to choose from for your samgyeopsal! 
Here’s what I do when coming into a buffet. First, I get food from the buffet and then I get all kinds of meat to grill (2 pieces per variety). With this, I can eat the food while grilling the meat. Also, i can eat the meat while it’s still hot and don’t have to leave the grill to get food since I already hot what I wanted. In short, get everything you want to eat including the drinks then you grill the meat, and voila! You can enjoy your meal with freshly grilled pork, beef, and chicken meat!
As time goes by, more people just keeps coming in until they were fully packed! They were also a group of Koreans who dined there. They occupied one long table they were really having fun and saw that they really enjoyed the food. So having korean guests marks a clear sign that their food really is authentic.







They sell ice cream separately, by the way, you can see it in-front of the cash register so we just ate ice cream right after we paid.
I would definitely come back here. The price is so worth it, trust me. Their food is authentic and delicious, their meat are aplenty, their service is good and the ambience is really cozy. We stayed there for almost 3 hours just eating and talking about our lives. It’s the best place to hang out.

That’s it for now. Thank you so much for reading my post.

Comment, like, subscribe, and follow me on my social media accounts for more delicious posts!
IG: @keysieatsph
Zomato: @keysieatsph
FB: @keysieatsph

PS: I’m currently taking a break from my travel blog but I will be back soon. I promise!

Matgalne Korean Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts