Tokeru: Customizable Lava Cake!

Hi guys! So, have you heard about the new hype in town? From the word itself, Tokeru came from a Japanese word which means, “dissolve” or “melt”. At first I wondered why they named it tokeru but then I found out it’s meaning and I thought, well I think that’s how they created it.

Tokeru does not sound fancy, the name is not catchy, and definitely does not ring a bell. Or does it? I don’t know it was my first time hearing it lol. Anyway, putting the brand aside, lava cakes, on the other hand, does sound fancy, it definitely catches our attention, and definitely rings a bell.

Personally, in my 27 years of existing on this wrecked planet, I have never encountered a lava cake kiosk before. Ever. I mean, we can order them at cafés and restaurants. But a kiosk? A tiny, cute little space that sells customizable lava cakes? Haven’t heard of it. Until now.

Thanks to the newly opened Tokeru, we can all experience the japanese lava cakes right before our eyes. As you can see, their stall is located just outside the cinema at SM Megamall Bldg A. You would definitely bat an eye to their classy and modernized design!



Enough chit-chat, i’m here to share my experience of this so-called lava cake. As you can see from the picture above, you can customize your lava cake in any way you want. I would share a little tip for you guys. This is how I would start:
1. Choose your cake
- When I first came here I chose the matcha flavored cake since it is currently my favorite
2. Choose your ice cream

- At first I thought of choosing matcha ice cream, too. But i’m afraid it would not be ig-worthy and not colorful enough to fit my feed lol. So I chose vanilla ice cream which is also a good one.
3. Whipped cream or no whipped cream
- I did not put whipped cream on mine since I can’t tolerate too much sweetness. If you don’t want ice cream, you can add whipped cream instead.
4. Add your toppings
- The toppings vary depending on what you like, what you’re favorites are, or what you were craving on that day. Any topping would fit perfectly to any cake and ice cream you would choose. But I chose the sliced almonds since it sounded healthy lol
5. Choose your sauce
- They have 3 sauces to choose from, not that many, I was hoping they would offer strawberry sauce since I love strawberries. But since they don’t have strawberry sauce, I chose the matcha sauce which
 was also perfect for my matcha flavored cake!
And viola! They would create your future happiness, so you just need to wait for a few minutes. It won’t take long, don’t worry.



Now you can enjoy the most loved lava cake in Metro Manila!

For the taste, I love how it was not too sweet. The matcha sauce inside the cake were generous it just flows through ln your first scoop, and it also tastes sooo gooood! I’m not even exaggerating. It is good. 
I won’t be able to finish one lava cake so I had to share it with my boyfriend. He is not fond of cakes and desserts but he loved tokeru’s lava cake, how about that! Haha

With that fact, I would highly recommend tokeru to all of you guys. Go and check it out!
Visit their Facebook page and Instagram: @tokeruph








That’s all for now, thank you so much for your support guys. 
Comment, like, subscribe and follow me on IG, FB, & Zomato for more delicious posts! 
IG: @keysieatsph
Zomato: @keysieatsph
FB: Soon!

Thank you so much! See you soon!

PS: I am currently taking a break from my travel blog but I will be back soon. I promise! 😊



Tokeru Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts